- Develops sales and marketing strategy for his/her assigned geography and/or accounts either alone or usually in conjunction with VP-Sales and key managers in other functional areas.
- Converts overall strategy into specific annual marketing/selling plans for each key account and key account prospect. Converts these plans into sales and margin goals by account. Reports actual progress against goal regularly.
- Works with marketing function to develop major line presentations on seasonal or annual basis at major accounts. This is typically a multi month long process requiring the national account manager to build strong working relationships with executives and key managers in multiple functions to get new products specified, “mocked up” and priced for date sensitive presentations.
Work in an office setting at Hedstrom’s corporate office in Ashland Ohio. Conveniently located between Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work on the road, in the office, or from home when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business, or a related area preferred
- Personal understanding of the market in industry related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a professional capacity in sales, market research, product planning or a related area preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written/grammatical and verbal communication skills
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
- Ability to manage and oversee departmental projects
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multitask, with excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40-50%% of time